October 06, 2011

Temp Review: Witches of East End-Melissa De La Cruz



I know, I know...I really need to get around to writing my review. But this will have to do until I get a chance to properly handle this!

The thing is, this book completely let me down. I felt as if I was reading a sloppy detailed version of the books outline. Also, the thing I hate most is when an author tells us about the characters, rather than letting us experience and determine on our own grounds through their actions, just what and who they are. If the main character is a slut-and yes, it says that about the character, right from the beginning!-than show us, don’t tell us. Also, not the direction I would have headed in all together. Promiscuous; Free-spirited; Sex Monkey-okay, maybe not that last one-you get the point. But Slut, come on!

And yes, I did finish it. And you know what, yep; she completely ruined the cliff-hanger. Gave just the right amount, and then over-killed it by giving away too much. Yet, still not enough to even leave me wondering what will happen next. Honestly, as soon as I finished it, I nearly forgot all about it.

The plot was random and jagged, the characters were not only forgettable, but in no way realistic are relatable. Definitely not something I would recommend; not something worth rekindling the fire with.

And that pains me to say. The only time I have ever been so disappointed in a book is when I picked up that series-Vampire Kisses. (That was the first and only time-thus far- that I have ever stopped reading something and not had an urge to finish it.)

I guess being a best-seller doesn’t necessarily make you a great writer. It almost worries me, to think…and with that I will shut my mouth.

ZERO STARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment